Interested candidates should send a .pdf resume with a cover letter expressing your specific interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position has been filled.
Full-time Assistant Teacher for Levels 3 - 4 or Levels 5 - 6. This position includes training in our school philosophy and methods, and initially involves supervising a small cohort on campus who still engage with their regular teachers through distance learning. Our goal is to hire someone interested in training on our Independent Mastery Learning Program and DaVinci curriculum to eventually become an on-campus teacher for one of these Levels.
For all positions:
We value good communication skills (verbally and in writing), a positive attitude, good teamwork skills, and a love for teaching young children. Our Kindergarten student-teacher ratio is 1:12. Levels 1-8 can go up to 1:15. During the pandemic, we are keeping class sizes closer to 1:10.
Compensation depends on education and experience, but starts at $16-$18/hour for assistant teacher positions.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervising small and large groups of young children in the classroom, at snack and lunch, during P.E. and outdoor play, during after school activities, etc. This may include running an activity or simple lesson, reading stories aloud, assisting with pick-up or drop-off, etc.
- Assisting the teacher(s) in class activities and lessons through the day, i.e. Reading, Math, Handwriting, Manual Skills, P.E., Music, Art, Science, Manners and Personal Skills.
- Modeling a positive and upbeat attitude for children and guiding them with warmth and patience while keeping classroom rules clear and consistent.
- Studying and apprenticing under the Lower Elementary School Dean to learn how to teach a mastery-based educational program, and to understand the school's philosophy, approach and program.
- Gradually taking on more responsibility for students and academics, as training and apprenticeship is completed.
Our goal throughout the K-8 program is to empower children to become competent, confident learners and leaders. This involves building a strong foundation and personal confidence through excellent orientation, clear direction, kind and patient teachers, plenty of hands-on learning and firsthand experiences through field trips, experiments and activities.
- As an educator or aspiring teacher, you appreciate small class sizes and are both caring and dynamic -- able to connect with each child and to create a friendly and constructive classroom atmosphere.
- You have a high affinity and patience for helping children and are passionate about the subject of education.
- You are interested in learning and mastering our philosophy and methods with the goal of treating each child as an individual and helping them build on their strengths and master personal areas of challenge.
- You are available Monday through Friday approximately 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. or 5:30 p.m. (Or within certain blocks of the day if part-time).
- Excellent command of English in speaking and writing.
- You are able to meet moderate physical demands that can occur on regular field trips and excursions, such as walking and hiking.
DaVinci Academy is a private, co-ed, K-8, non-sectarian school providing an innovative, competency-oriented and mastery-based education to Bay Area students and families since 1986, when we began our school as "Delphi Academy". Using a rich academic curriculum and unique teaching method to help each child reach their full potential, DaVinci teachers put students first and treat each child as an important individual. Our proven and progressive approach is designed to help every child succeed and grow to love learning.
We offer Kindergarten through 8th grade for students ages 4 - 14 on a beautiful campus with many facilities including a science lab, art studio, educational greenhouse, raised bed garden, track and fields, gymnastics room with rock climbing wall, gymnasiums and more.
The campus is located in Campbell, California, at the corner of W. Campbell Avenue and Winchester Blvd., close to charming downtown. DaVinci Academy is in historic Building A (former home of John F. Kennedy University) on the Campbell Community Center campus.
Teaching applicants should be lifelong learners who want to master an innovative teaching method and work with a dynamic, passionate team of educators to guide, teach, mentor and support young students and their families on their educational journeys.
Jobs are year-round, due to our unique 12-month school year. Teachers and support staff should also be prepared for weekly field trips in the Lower School (K-3) and twice-a-month excursions in Levels 4-8, as part of a well-rounded daily schedule with an active balance of academics and enrichment. Hands-on learning, teamwork, collaboration and learning how to learn are all part of the DaVinci Program.